Never cleaning out your microwave can cause risks to your health. Cross-contamination of your food can lead to deadly viruses.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
There are many risks of not wiping out your microwave on a daily basis.
- Lurking hidden nasty bugs just waiting to contaminate your next meal.
- Spilled food can be a fire hazard during your next cooking session
- Particles from weeks before can dislodge as steam softens the old food and can cause it to drop and contaminate the new food.
- And don’t forget the embarrassment of when guests use your microwave.
A microwave that said easy-to-clean surface coating. This makes clean up so much easier with that coating on the inside. Maybe in the future, there will be a button on the microwave that all you have to do is push it and it will clean by itself. You know like the button that you can push on the oven and it does self-cleaning.
Until that happens here are some ways of cleaning the microwave easier
Put 2 tablespoons of baking soda inside a microwavable bowl with a cup of water in the microwave for 3-5 minute. The steam will make it easier to get the gunk off. Before opening the microwave let it sit for a few minutes and then use a hot pad to take the bowel out. Now let’s get started with a little bit of elbow grease and 5 minutes later a sparkling clean microwave.
- Remove the glass plate and rack
- Put the glass plate and rack in the sink to soak with hot soapy water
- Wipe out all the crumbs
- Sprinkle a little of the baking soda inside the microwave
- Wash microwave inside and out with a damp sponge or microfiber rag
- Rinse out your rag
- Dry surfaces with a paper towel
- Wash and reinstall removable pieces
There are always ways to keep your microwave looking like this such as putting a paper towel over the bowl or plate that you are cooking. This keeps the microwave a lot cleaner or you can buy a microwave cover plate. That makes it worth it so you don’t have to clean the microwave as much.